ADS1115 Ultra-Compact 16-precision ADC
The ADS1115 delivers 16-bit precision at 860 samples per second through I2C for microcontrollers without an analog-to-digital converter or when a higher-precision ADC is desired. The chip can be set with four single-ended or two differential input channels. It also comes with a configurable gain amplifier (up to x16) to help enhance smaller single/differential signals to the entire range. We prefer this ADS1115 because it can operate from 2V to 5V power/logic, measures a wide range of signals, and is really simple to use. It’s an excellent general-purpose 16-bit converter.
Because the chip is small, ADS1115 is packaged on a breakout board with ferrites to keep the AVDD and AGND quiet. I2C is used for interfacing. The address can be adjusted to one of four alternatives, allowing you to link up to four ADS1115s on a single 2-wire I2C bus for 16 single-ended inputs.
Key Product Features:
- The use of high-grade materials ensures quality.
- The ADS1115 has an amazing appearance.
- High accuracy
- four channels
- Internal Voltage Reference with Low Drift
- Internal oscillator webpage
- Four single-ended or two differential inputs are provided.
- This is a wonderful general-purpose sensor that can be used from 2V-5V power/logic, measure a wide range of signals, and is simple to use.
- 16-bit conversion.
- Battery Voltage and Current Monitoring
- Temperature Measurement Systems for Portable Instruments
- Electronics for the Home
- Process Control and Factory Automation
- Wide power supply range: 2.0V to 5.5V
- Continuous Mode: 150µA
- Only Single Mode: Auto Shutdown
- Programmable data rate: 8SPS to 860SPS
- I2C interface: pin selectable address